CARandRIDE, hereinafter referred to as CAR and all it’s stakeholders within CAR’s organization including shareholders, officers, employees and agents, is an online website for the trading in sales and purchases of motor vehicles and motorcycles. Each CAR account, upon approved subscription, is only permitted to be used by one advertiser at any one time. The account is strictly non-transferable. The advertiser is defined as an Individual or Corporation posting and listing any items that are described in the website list of items for sale on the website.
The Individual is defined as person(s) who are eighteen years old and above and are capable of entering into a legal binding agreement in Malaysian law.
The Corporation is defined as company(s) and/or business entities. Any person(s) using the services of the Corporation represents that he or she has the authority to bind the corporation to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
Advertisement must be placed for the benefit of the advertiser only. Proxies for third parties are prohibited.
Advertisement Visuals and Content
CAR has the prerogative to present and position any advertisement in the website that CAR deems fit to maximize the exposure and potential of any advertisement within. The advertiser indemnifies CAR from any claims arising from omissions, errors, losses and/or damages from any advertisement placed or any transaction that transpires as a result of the advertisement.
Advertisement Content and Guidelines
The advertiser agrees to abide by the following advertisement content and guidelines upon approval of a subscription account with CAR. This list is not exhaustive, and CAR reserves the right to add or remove content and guidelines from time to time without notice.
- All content, photos and videos submitted must be related to the vehicle or item advertised in its respective category.
- Information submitted must be genuine.
- Individuals are required to provide copies of their vehicle’s title to accompany their submissions.
- Corporations are required to provide a copy of their company’s business registration certificate.
- Submissions must be entered in the correct category and classification.
- Each individual or corporation is entitled to one account only. An account is not permitted to have multiple names nor multiple corporations.
- Single Advertisements – Opened to Individuals and Corporations.
- Multiple Advertisements – Opened to Corporations only.
- Any non-related, illegal, immoral, offensive, dangerous, inappropriate, defamatory, libelous or slanderous materials are strictly prohibited.
- Advertisers’ agreement to use of any personal info submitted to CAR’s as per advertising template.
- Advertisers’ agreement and adherence to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Subscription accounts will only be approved upon fulfilment of the prerequisites stated in the account opening requirements.
- Advertisements will only be approved and posted upon complying with all advertising requirements.
- Posting of approved advertisements will be made within 24 working hours of approval.
- CAR will not be liable for any sub-quality and illegibility of advertisement due to service provider disruptions or unavoidable delays.
- Advertisements will be made public for two months from date of posting. Thereafter, it will be automatically removed without further notice to the advertiser. Extension of advertisement, regardless if it’s the same content or new, will require a fresh submission.
- Free of charge advertisements are categorized as Classified Advertisements.
- Paid advertisements are categorized as Product Advertisements.
- In consideration of this advertisement, the Advertiser, jointly and severally agree to fully indemnify and grant immunity to CAR’s organization including shareholders, officers, employees and agents in respect of any costs, expenses, loss, damages, claims, actions, proceedings, or other charges arising out of, resulting from, or in relation to the publishing of the Advertiser’s advertisement. This includes but not limited to legal actions in respect of libel, slander, violation of any privacy, copyright infringement, violation of trademark or any other intellectual property rights.
- Additional inclusions, omissions and amendments to the Terms and Conditions pertaining to advertisements and the terms of usage of CAR’s website will be subjected to periodic updates without prior notification.
The terms and conditions herein, the Terms and Conditions of Usage and the Personal Data Protection Act notice (collectively, the Terms) constitute the entire understanding between the parties and supersede any prior agreements, discussions, and representations between the parties, whether written or oral, regarding the subject matter contained herein. Such Terms which may be revised by CAR without notice at any time. The Terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT NOTICE
CAR by way of this notice, informs all users and advertisers of the site that all information submitted to the site will require the consent of the users and advertisers before they can fully utilize the site’s services and facilities. CAR will process all information received and will endeavor to observe the requirements set out to protect the data, information and privacy of the parties using the site’s services and facilities.
The notice forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Usage. By using and visiting CAR, you agree to the processing, use and disclosure of your personal data by CAR, and all parties involved in the provision of services to CAR, including third party research companies, contractors, vendors, agents and service providers of CAR.
In any event of conflict between English and other language versions of this notice, the English version shall prevail. CAR reserves the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this notice at any time by placing updated notice on the site. By continuing to communicate with CAR or by continuing to use CAR’s services following the modification, updates or amendments to this notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
- CAR publishes or make available information, advertisements, product and service offers, vehicle data, valuations, software, links and other contents offered by CAR and third parties. CAR doesn’t warrant, represent, authorize or endorse the reliability, accuracy or completeness of any such contents or materials published by CAR, or on any third party websites that are linked from CAR (including third party advertisements).
- CAR does not and cannot provide any warranty in relation to any goods or services advertised for sale or otherwise on CAR by third parties including, but not limited to, any representation or warranty that the goods and services of merchantable quality, fit or safe for the purpose intended, as described by the owner or seller.
WHAT THIS NOTICE COVERS
This notice informs how CAR uses your personal data when you use the site. This notice does not describe information collection policies on other sites, including those linked to or from the site.
If you disclose personal information to a third party, this notice will not apply and you will be subject to the personal data notice of that third party (if any).
Words defined in the site’s Terms and Conditions of Usage have the same meaning in this notice, unless otherwise defined herein.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION PURPOSES
CAR collects personal data that it considers necessary to provide the range of services offered by CAR. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your personal data, CAR may not be able to (i) communicate with you, (ii) provide you with the relevant services offered by CAR or (iii) you may not be able to access certain sections of the site.
Personal data in this context refers to information about you which you have provided to CAR. I.e., name, address, telephone number, NRIC no, passport no, email address, your personal preferences, bank account information, vehicle’s title, IP address, photographs, images, videos, and any other information provided by you in relation to the use of the site’s services.
CAR collects the data and generally uses it for the following :-
- Information supplied by visitors when they use the site for :
- Create a new account
- Log-in to their account
- List, modify and remove the advertisement
- Perform a search
- Enter a sweepstakes or promotion
- Product inquiries
- Information collected by CAR as visitors use the site.
Personal data requirements will be required as and where certain sections and services are required. Eg. Signing-up for product and services updates, newsletters, contact information for buyers, etc.,
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Searches and Listing
The collection of personal data is to enable CAR to provide you with the information to the relevant products, services and tools you have requested in relation to your use of the site. You may be requested to provide these information on different levels of requirements in the site according to your usage. Your contact details may be communicated to the relevant parties in accordance to the nature of your request.
Sweepstakes and Promotions
In the event of any sweepstakes or promotions offered on the site, users may be requested to provide personal details to be eligible for such activities. Users may be subject to the terms and conditions of such activities. CAR may share these information to the sponsors or co-sponsors and their partners like fulfilment companies, shipping, or third party service providers of such activities.
Occasional surveys may be conducted to gather feedback from users for enhancement and improvement of CAR services in relation to the site usage. The survey may be carried out by CAR or its appointed service providers.
There may also be other surveys operated by advertisers and service providers in the site whose personal data protection policies are not controlled by CAR. When you participate in such third party surveys, you are governed by the personal data protection policies of these third parties.
CAR may use your contact details to communicate with you when you use the site. This is to enhance the user experience and to provide you with a positive customer experience as best as CAR can endeavor. You can choose to unsubscribe anytime if you do not wish to use CAR’s services.
Managing your Account
By creating your own account, you will be able to have the flexibility of customizing your search in many areas like, saving your favorite search, edit your personal data, creating your own profile for future requirements like news updates, etc.,
Self Content Posted
Using any interactive areas of the site like comment fields, discussion forums and social media areas are at the risk of the respective user. Content that you post will be seen by other users who have access to these areas. CAR will not be responsible for such interaction or use of information displayed.
CAR may further use and process your personal data for the following purposes, which may not be exhaustive. These information may be used by CAR or with limited access to other private advertisers, licensed car dealers, car brokers, resellers, car agents and importers, operators of linked sites, financial and insurance service providers, and other users from related industries, which may also include users from governmental agencies.
- Send updates via newsletters, articles, email, messaging and other forms of communication from time to time .
- Research and analysis
- Market surveys
- Promotional offers
- Verification of personal data
- Running background checks and credit assessment
- Payment processing
- Information to comply with governmental regulations and obligations under law
- Conduct background checks as and when necessary
- To comply with statutory and government requirements
- In connection with any legal proceedings or foreseen legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise and defend CAR’s legal rights
If you do not consent to CAR processing your personal data for the purposes listed above, please notify CAR using the contact details stated hereafter : [email protected]
Please note that some parts of the services offered by the site may not function properly if you refuse to accept cookies.
To assist CAR and in some cases, advertisers and third party providers of CAR in keeping track of the number of users who are actually accessing the site and its services, and how users are responding to the ads placed by advertisers, CAR may place a small file called a web beacon on some of the pages within the site. CAR may place a web beacon in the emails that are sent to you for tracking click-through data to help determine your interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of communications sent to you. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not open these emails or click text or graphic links in the emails.
Information about your computer or device
CAR may automatically collect and store limited information about your computer or device configuration when you visit the site. Such information gathered may include, the type of browser you used for the operating system, IP address. These activities may be necessary for system administration, trouble shooting and even for fraud detection purposes. CAR may also collect information about the sites you visit prior to and after visiting CAR.
Cookies, beacons, and other data collection technologies on information collected about your computer or device, may be used individually or in combination in order to provide and/or administer CAR services, to help understand user behavior patterns, to monitor site’s performance, optimize ads, and measure advertising performance.
CAR may collect on its own or through its appointed service provider, data on how visitors use and navigate through the site. Eg., number of visitors, frequently visited pages, preferences, browsing behavior, etc., CAR may use these information to generate statistics that could provide useful information to improve on the site’s offerings.
CAR has business relationships with third parties that are agencies, advertisers and other related users that collect data, target and serve some of the advertisements, promotions and activities that may be prevalent in the site. These third parties may use data collection and analytic technologies that may not be under the purview of CAR. Hence, by using their product offerings and services, you are subject to their respective privacy policies and personal data protection policies.
By using the site facilities provided in CAR, you hereby understand and consent to the use of your personal data in relation to the requirements set out by CAR and/or its appointed agents, third parties whereby usage will be governed by their respective terms and conditions of use. As such, you will absolve and not hold CAR responsible for any legal actions or implications, nor institute any legal proceedings that may arise from your use of CAR site facilities.